Lifeiswritable

Life is Writable

"Everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self doubt." - Sylvia Plath

Half-Blood
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Progress: 181/242 pages
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Pretties (Uglies, #2)

Pretties (Uglies, #2) - Scott Westerfeld Pretties was by far the best book of the series. The plot of this book was the most intriguing and exciting to read. I was worried after finishing Uglies because I was very unsure about how I felt after reading, but Tally really grew into a likable character and I cared about her more in this book. I also loved Zane, he's the most interesting character Westerfeld has introduced in the series. I was shocked to find that Tally had a new love interest after David. I expected to see a lot more of him in this book, but he was absent for the majority of it. And, I found myself happy about this. I liked David for the most part, but I found his relationship with Tally sort of forced. It wasn't as believable as her relationship with Zane, which came about more organically. I was very disappointed with Westerfeld's decision with Zane in Specials, though. It was a waste of a great character and I will forever hold a grudge!

I enjoyed this book much more than the other two, and I wish Uglies and Specials were just as good. However, Westerfeld missed out on the opportunity to make a good trilogy great.