Lifeiswritable

Life is Writable

"Everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self doubt." - Sylvia Plath

Half-Blood
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Progress: 181/242 pages
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green The Fault in Our Stars is way overhyped which ultimately ruined this book for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great book, but after reading An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns (which are my two favorites by Green), I was expecting my mind to be blown. But, it wasn't. I really enjoyed the story, but I wanted more out of it than I got. After seeing "This book is the best I've ever read" and "Green's best book yet" time and time again on Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I really thought it would blow his other books out of the water and then some. But, it didn't.

The one thing that gets me with Green's writing is his characters. After Hassan, Lindsay, Colin, Radar and Lacey, I expected the characters in TFIOS to be on par. I loved Hazel, but Augustas and Isaac weren't my favorites. I don't know what it is, but they just didn't reach me like some of the others have.

However, this is a beautifully written book and a refreshing take on the tragedy of terminal cancer. I love books that force you to feel emotions, because I think it's important to feel happy and sad and scared and angry often. Even if it's about fictional characters. I do strongly recommend this book, I just wish it wasn't as talked about when I first read it. Maybe I would have liked it more under different circumstances. I still say AAOK and PT are much better.